The Pediatric Rehabilitation Specialist is a member of the medical staff of Legacy Portland Hospitals and is responsible for patient care, consultation and collaboration with other providers, teaching and administrative duties, within the area of Pediatric Rehabilitation Services.
GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Provides direct medical care and consultation services for children requiring rehabilitation services at Legacy Portland Hospitals or who are referred for outpatient evaluation or services.
- Provides or arranges coverage or cross coverage for Pediatric Rehabilitation Services twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week together with other physical medicine specialists and pediatricians on the LPH medical staff.
- Responds promptly in writing to referral source with evaluation and suggested plan of care.
- Provides telephone consultative services as appropriate for children with injuries and/or disabilities possibly requiring rehabilitation services.
- Provides medical coordination of direct patient care delivered by multidisciplinary team including therapists.
- Participates in the development and implementation of standards, policies, protocols, and quality assurance guidelines for the care of hospitalized children and outpatients receiving rehabilitation services, together with the administrative team and the Chief of Pediatrics.
- Participates in selecting, training and evaluating personnel providing pediatric rehabilitation services.
- Participates with physicians, surgeons, support services and other hospital personnel in coordinating the care of children receiving rehabilitation services.
- Facilitates the transfer of patients between the clinical units and Rehabilitation Service.
- Meets regularly with appropriate line administrators and colleagues, to review clinical and administrative issues.
- Participates regularly in the teaching activities of the Department of Pediatrics including resident, student, nurse, and therapist education and outreach continuing medical education.
- Serves on Department, Hospital, and Legacy Health System committees as requested.
Graduate of four-year U.S. Medical School or equivalent.
- Board eligible/certified in Pediatrics and Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation or equivalent training and experience.
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the applicable state.
- Active member in good standing of Legacy Portland Hospital Medical Staff.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.