Randall Children’s Hospital (RCH) Pediatric Infectious Diseases team is searching for their next member to join the current 3 physician team. As a part of Legacy Health, RCH serves as a comprehensive, quaternary care pediatric center, serving children from Portland, Oregon, SW Washington and throughout Oregon state. RCH is known regionally for is specialty programs and clinical excellence.
The Pediatric Infectious Diseases physician at RCH provides inpatient and outpatient infectious diseases consultations as a protected, salaried employee of Legacy Medical Group. Teaching, leadership, antimicrobial stewardship, infection control, and QI opportunities are available within this flexible, clinical model. Additionally, flexible FTE and hospitalist work are options that may be considered for the right candidate.
Pediatric Infectious Disease Responsibilities:
- Provides inpatient and outpatient consultation services for children served by the Randall Childrens system
- Provides telephone consultative services for providers serving children with infectious diseases
- Serves as Attending Physician for a limited number of pediatric infectious disease patients, with options for newborn, general medicine and resident teaching service experience if desired.
- Shares responsibility with colleagues for infection control practices on all Legacy pediatric units and newborn nurseries and participates as a member on the Infection Control Committee as requested.
- Advises the Legacy Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee including formulary recommendations, restrictions, utilization, and monitoring of adverse reactions as requested.
- Participates regularly in the teaching and mentoring activities of the Pediatric Department, including resident and student education, outreach, and continuing medical education.
- Assists referring physicians in triaging use of hospital services in an efficient and cost-effective manner with their hospitalized patients.
- Participates in education, training, and evaluation of house staff, medical students, and hospital personnel who have direct patient care responsibilities on the Pediatric Units.
- Serves on department, hospital and Legacy Health System committees as requested.
Licensure and Certifications:
- MD. or D.O
- BC in Pediatrics and BC/BE Pediatric Infectious Diseases
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the applicable state
- Active member in good standing of Hospital Medical Staff
- PALS certification
Graduate of four-year accredited U.S. Medical School or equivalent.
LEGACY’S VALUES IN ACTION:
Follows guidelines set forth in Legacy’s Values in Action.
To formally apply or with HR questions please contact Forest Brown at Fobrown@lhs.org. Interested candidates are also welcomed to contact Malaika Little, MD MPH at Mlittle@lhs.org
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled. Sorry, no J-1 waivers available.