Legacy Health is searching for experienced structural heart trained APP for our Cardiology department.
We currently have a busy service, with 2 structural cardiologist, performing transcatheter aortic valve replacements, left atrial occlusion devices, mitral clips, transcatheter mitral valve replacements, as well as complex coronary interventions. Our cardiology service has 12 general cardiologists, 8 interventionalists, 5 EPs, across 5 hospitals and 6 clinics. The structural team is based out of Emanuel Hospital in central Portland. We hope you will want to join our growing team.
Qualifications and skills:
- Graduate of an accredited PA-C or Nurse Practitioner program.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Structural Heart Cardiology.
- Current ACLS certificate from the American Heart Association.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Willing to adhere to the guidelines set forth in the Legacy's Values in Action.
- Out-patient care.
- Provide structural heart education to newly diagnosed patients.
- Work with director and nurses to create a plan of care for each patient and medicine titration.
- Communicate with PCPs and other referring sources, palliative care, social workers, and pharmacy.
- In patient care: Work with hospitalists, referring MDs, inpatient structural heart coordinators, palliative care, in-patient social worker and case manager and participate in multi-disciplinary conferences.
- Give updates to PCPs and other referring sources about major changes in patients’ condition or their management.
- Help with preoperative evaluations, consents, and discharges.
Benefits of Working for Legacy
- A nonprofit that serves the community.
- Community leader in providing healthcare and healthcare related services to the underserved.
- Full compensation and benefits package to include competitive salary, hire-on bonuses, relocation assistance, CME allowance, full medical plan, malpractice coverage, retirement and much more.
Applications can be accessed through our website at, Careers | For Health Professionals | Legacy Health. For additional information please email Forrest Brown, FoBrown@LHS.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled. Sorry, no J-1 waivers available.